Monday, January 6, 2020

Top SQL Interview Questions for 2020 (really).

I was determined to get in early this year with this post but I'm seemingly late and already seeing "Top SQL Interview Questions" posts on social media. 

Anyway, here's my list:



OK I'll be honest, THERE IS NOT LIST!

Seriously, I've been interviewed a lot and I've conducted a lot of interviews too and I have to tell you that there is no list out there that you can revise the answers for that will get you through that interview. I'm sorry.

There are of course certain guidelines; know your current role (you'll probably get asked about that), know and understand the key skills listed in the job description that you've applied for and relate them to relevant experience and/or training etc etc etc.

Now I'm not saying you can't prepare, of course you can and you really should, just don't think you can wing it. You might still get asked the difference between a clustered and non-clustered index but then again you probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking up with SQL Server

I was inspired to write this after reading a post from Dave Mason regarding breaking up with Big Tech companies. Yet again I haven't wr...